Leftover Ham Bone Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're serving a big bone-in ham for the holidays and are looking for a great way to use up the leftovers, then you'll love this recipe for Leftover Ham Bone Soup. This hot and hearty soup is made with lots of veggies, beans, corn, a few spices, and, of course...your leftover ham! You can bet that they'll be leaving their bowls clean.
What You'll Need
- 1 leftover ham bone
- 7 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups leftover diced ham
What to Do
- Place hambone in a large pot with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and potato and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard hambone. Stir beans, corn, thyme, and pepper into the hamstock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in ham and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
Check This Out!
- Is the fridge still full of holiday food? Don't forget to check out our page on Ways to Enjoy Holiday Leftovers for even more tasty recipes and ideas!
- For more amazing soup recipes, try our recipes for Homemade Chicken Soup, Loaded "Baked" Potato Soup, or our Pasta e Fagioli Soup.
- Need a ham recipe to set you up for this amazing recipe? Make our Georgia Peach Glazed Ham!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 183
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 494mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 22 %
- Sugars 4.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)