Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lentils, brown rice, and spinach? Talk about a healthy soup recipe! Our Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup recipe is one of those recipes you cook up when you feel a cold coming on 'cause it's got those healthy ingredients that are sure to make you feel better. Cozy on up with a bowl, and you're in for a good night.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, bring broth, lentils, rice, tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 40 minutes, or until lentils and rice are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach, vinegar, and black pepper. Return to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up spinach. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.