Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lentils, brown rice, and spinach? Talk about a healthy soup recipe! Our Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup recipe is one of those recipes you cook up when you feel a cold coming on 'cause it's got those healthy ingredients that are sure to make you feel better. Cozy on up with a bowl, and you're in for a good night.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, bring broth, lentils, rice, tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 40 minutes, or until lentils and rice are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach, vinegar, and black pepper. Return to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up spinach. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.