Loaded "Baked" Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This rich soup has all the fixin's of a loaded baked potato and is just as tasty. We use refrigerated potatoes that are already diced with onions. How's that for easy?
What You'll Need
- 2 (20-ounce) packages refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 fully cooked slices bacon, chopped
What to Do
In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, chicken broth, butter, garlic salt, black pepper, and potato soup.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 hours or on LOW setting 8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in sour cream, 1 cup cheese, and chives. Ladle into individual bowls, and evenly sprinkle each serving with bacon and remaining cheese.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
- Want even more potato soup variations? Check out our collection of Creamy Potato Soup Recipes: 7 Cozy Recipes for Potato Soup.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.