Macaroni and Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 1/4 cup per serving
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
When the weather gets chilly, we're thinking one thing: comfort. Luckily for you, we've got something that combines the comfort of seasonal soup with, always divine, mac 'n' cheese. That's right, our Macaroni & Cheese Soup is sure to be the seasons biggest hit. When you're feeling cold and hungry, there's nothing better than doubling down on fall time comfort.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (7.25-ounce) package macaroni & cheese mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in mixed vegetables, macaroni from package (reserving cheese packet), salt, and pepper. Return to a boil and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including reserved cheese packet. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened and creamy, stirring occasionally.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If the soup sits for a while, the pasta will absorb the liquid. If that happens, an additional cup of milk and you should be good to go.
- If you love our Macaroni and Cheese Soup, then you'll want to check out our "Souper" Burger Soup and Taco Soup too!
- And if you're not feeling like soup, be sure to check out our collection of 22 Best Mac and Cheese Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 396
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 21g 42 %
- Cholesterol 54mg 18 %
- Sodium 1,005mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 19 %
- Sugars 9.3g 0 %