Mama Marie's Wedding Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're gonna want to grab the biggest ladle in the house when you make Mama Marie's Wedding Soup, 'cause this comforting soup is the perfect marriage of tastes and textures. Between the meatballs and the fresh greens, we can't decide what we like best!
What You'll Need
- 6 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) package cocktail-sized frozen meatballs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups freshly chopped escarole or spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish(optional)
What to Do
- In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, combine broth, water, and meatballs. Cover and cook on HIGH 2-1/2 hours or on LOW 6 hours, or until meatballs are heated through.
- Remove cover and gradually stir in egg, forming thin strands. Stir in escarole and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately topped with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Most people think this soup got its name by being served at Italian weddings, but that's not the case. The translation of the name actually refers to the marriage of the meatballs and greens, not the bride and groom!
- We always like to serve this with some delicious, crunchy garlic bread, so give ours a try!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!