Mama Marie's Wedding Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're gonna want to grab the biggest ladle in the house when you make Mama Marie's Wedding Soup, 'cause this comforting soup is the perfect marriage of tastes and textures. Between the meatballs and the fresh greens, we can't decide what we like best!
What You'll Need
- 11 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) package cocktail-sized frozen meatballs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups freshly chopped escarole or spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, combine broth and meatballs. Cover and cook on HIGH 2-1/2 hours or on LOW 6 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
- Remove cover and gradually stir in egg, forming thin strands. Stir in escarole and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately topped with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired
Test Kitchen Tips
- Most people think Mama Marie's Wedding Soup got its name by being served at Italian weddings, but that's not the case. The translation of the name actually refers to the marriage of the meatballs and greens, not the bride and groom!
- Remember the dippers! Try our All Wrapped Up Garlic Bread for a classic Italian taste, or we bet you'll love our Parmesan Onion Board! Both pair wonderfully with this recipe!
- How did you enjoy the married flavors of meatballs and greens? Let us know in the comments!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more comforting soups, download are free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.