We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Float these light-as-air Jewish-style dumplings in your next pot of chicken soup and learn the meaning of true comfort! We have the only matzo ball recipe you'll ever need!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup matzo meal (see Notes)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, water, shortening, and salt; mix well. Add matzo meal and stir until combined; do not overmix. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Using slightly wet hands, form mixture into 12 golf ball-sized balls.
- Meanwhile, bring a soup pot of salted water to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Carefully place matzo balls in boiling water; cover and cook 20 minutes, or until they float to the top and are completely cooked inside.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove matzo balls to a shallow baking dish; let cool slightly then cover and chill until ready to reheat in a pot of chicken soup. Or, to serve immediately, remove matzo balls from cooking pot and add to a pot of hot chicken soup.
Matzo meal can be found in the ethnic foods section of the supermarket. If matzo meal is not available, you can substitute cracker meal.
You can't have matzo balls without chicken soup, so click here for one of our favorites!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.