Mexican Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's an easy Mexican-style soup you can cook up fresh and easy without taking a trip south of the border. Our Hearty Mexican Bean Soup is chock full of zestiness in every mouthful.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 (14--ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (7- to 8-ounce) can kernel corn
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- crushed tortilla chips for topping (optional)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, brown beef with onion.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips.
I sometimes add 1/2 teaspoon cumin and a few shakes of hot pepper sauce to heat it up.