Mexican Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's an easy Mexican-style soup you can cook up fresh and easy without taking a trip south of the border. Our Hearty Mexican Bean Soup is chock full of zestiness in every mouthful.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 (14--ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (7- to 8-ounce) can kernel corn
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- crushed tortilla chips for topping (optional)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, brown beef with onion.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips.
I sometimes add 1/2 teaspoon cumin and a few shakes of hot pepper sauce to heat it up.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.