Mexican Tortilla Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mexican Tortilla Soup is an unexpected treat when you're looking for a warming way to start your meal. Why, it's even hearty enough for a light meal all by itself or with a salad or quesadillas.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup broken-up baked tortilla chips
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, bell pepper, and garlic and cook about 3 minutes, or until chicken is browned, stirring frequently.
Stir in chicken broth, corn, and salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in cilantro, ladle into bowls, and serve topped with tortilla chips.
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
- Which sandwich pairs best with this recipe? Find out in our Top 10 Soup and Sandwich Pairings page!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 184
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 35 %
- Cholesterol 37mg 12 %
- Sodium 280mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %