We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are a million different versions of this famous Italian soup - all good. Here's a classic, easy recipe that'll give you a potful of "delicious" and "warm."
What You'll Need
- 3 quarts (12 cups) beef stock
- 1 pound cooked beef, cubed
- 1 cup small pasta shells
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (9 ounce) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- Chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the beef stock, beef, pasta, onion, potatoes, and carrots. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the green beans, broccoli, and kidney beans and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Season with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!