New Year's Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our New Year's Soup is a cross between a soup and a stew that's packed with all sorts of goodness, and a few ingredients that could bring you lots of good fortune. So, grab your biggest ladle and get ready to enjoy steamin' bowls of this all-around good-for-you New Year's Soup.
What You'll Need
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 3 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh collard greens
- Hot sauce for splashing
What to Do
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except collard greens and hot sauce; mix well. Add collard greens on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until greens are tender. Splash with hot sauce before serving.
Looking for some lighter meals to start the new year with? Check out our FREE eCookbook, Lighten Up: 20 Tasty & Healthy Recipes for the New Year.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 609
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 46g 91 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 1,127mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 102g 34 %
- Dietary Fiber 19g 76 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.