Old-World Peasant Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're gonna want to bring your appetite and a loaf of crusty bread to the table when you serve this Old-World Peasant Soup. This soup is full of fresh veggies, beans, and, for old-world flavor, some kielbasa. It's a hearty, fill-ya-up soup that's sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut in half, and thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans cannellini beans, not drained
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
What To Do:
- in a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrot, and celery 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except spinach and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in spinach and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 335
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 24g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 22g 43 %
- Cholesterol 66mg 22 %
- Sodium 2,361mg 98 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.3g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!