Old-World Peasant Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're gonna want to bring your appetite and a loaf of crusty bread to the table when you serve this Old-World Peasant Soup. This soup is full of fresh veggies, beans, and, for old-world flavor, some kielbasa. It's a hearty, fill-ya-up soup that's sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut in half, and thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans cannellini beans, not drained
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
What to Do
- in a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrot, and celery 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except spinach and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in spinach and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 217
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 15g 31 %
- Cholesterol 49mg 16 %
- Sodium 1,516mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.9g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 4.1g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!