Oyster Brie Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oysters are a lively staple of the South. Well, just look on any restaurant menu from Charleston, South Carolina to Norfolk, Virginia, and you'll probably find some version of oyster soup or bisque.
What You'll Need
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 pound brie, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 (8-ounce each) containers shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained (see Note)
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the onion, celery, flour, and cayenne pepper.
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat and add the onion mixture; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the brie has melted and the oysters are firm and cooked through, stirring frequently.
Remember to rinse the oysters well to remove any sand particles. And if the oysters happen to be large, cut them in half before adding them to the soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!