Potato Dumpling Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Put on your woolies and bundle up, 'cause our Potato Dumpling Soup is a Fargo favorite that's full of comfort. Between the rich broth and the homemade dumplings, we can't decide what we like best about this dish. All we know is that it's sure to help warm you up, from the inside out!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; cook potatoes and onion 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Add milk and pepper and heat until hot. Do not boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and water; mix well to form a stiff dough (you may need to use your hands). Roll dough into a 1/2-inch rope, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, bring 4-1/2 cups chicken broth to a boil. Add carrot and drop dough pieces into broth. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until dumplings are light and fluffy in center. In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/2 cup broth and cornstarch until smooth. Add potato mixture, cornstarch mixture and parsley to soup pot and heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 327
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 54 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 6.8g 14 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 1,148mg 48 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 6.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a holiday stuffing recipe that'll surely "shape up" your spread and get you lots of "oohs" and "aahs." Our Bundt Pan Stuffing is fancy looking and downright delicious. It's a homemade stuffing that'll be talked about all year long!