Quick Provencal Daube
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you know why we love this Quick Provencal Daube so much? Because it allows us to bring the exquisite flavors of French cuisine right into our kitchens at home. What's not to love about that?
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 small yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope herb gravy mix for beef
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 7-1/2 hours.
French Lesson: Daube is a hearty beef stew that is made in the south of France during the winter months. Traditionally, daube is slow-cooked and then refrigerated to mellow the flavors, but this version is quick to the table. If you want to follow tradition, prepare the recipe and cook as directed; let cool, and then set the ceramic insert of the slow cooker in the refrigerator to chill overnight. When ready to reheat, let insert stand at room temperature, and then cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce to LOW setting, and cook 1 hour. Serve it with a crusty baguette.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sparks will surely fly at your table when you serve up our zesty-tasting Firecracker Barbecued Pork! We made this with a special-tasting glaze that combines the sweetness of barbecue sauce and marmalade, along with a kick of hot pepper sauce and horseradish, for an explosion of flavor in your mouth! This is one recipe we guarantee will have you saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"