Roasted Harvest Squash Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy butternut squash soup is going to make you feel all warm and cozy! Our recipe for Roasted Harvest Squash Soup starts with perfectly roasted butternut squash that gets combined with onions, garlic, spices, and more. The end result is a soup that's satisfying to the last slurp!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-1/2 to 3-pound) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss squash and carrot chunks with oil until evenly coated. Place on rimmed baking sheets. Roast 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown and are fork tender, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion and garlic 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly golden; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process squash, onion mixture, and broth in batches until smooth; pour into soup pot. Stir in half and half, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, and heat over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Looking for more ways to use butternut squash? Check out our collection of Best Butternut Squash Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 213
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 9.6g 19 %
- Cholesterol 28mg 9 %
- Sodium 1,501mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 3.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!