"Souper" Burger Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all had barbecue parties where we made too many burgers and a bunch ended up sitting in the fridge for days before being thrown out. That won't happen now 'cause Souper Burger Soup is a great way to enjoy leftover hamburgers...and buns, too!
What You'll Need
- 4 (1/4 pound) cold cooked hamburgers, broken into large chunks (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 hamburger buns, torn or cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What to Do
In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except buns and cheese. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until onions are tender.
Add buns and 3/4 cup cheese and cook 8 to 10 more minutes, stirring frequently, or until buns dissolve and soup thickens.
Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
If you don't have leftover cooked hamburgers, you can saute 1 pound ground beef until no pink remains, drain it, and add it in place of the cooked hamburgers.