Spicy Tortilla Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you been looking for an excuse to put your Dutch oven to work? Well, you've got it with this easy, yet flavorful, recipe for Spicy Tortilla Soup. It only takes about 30 minutes to cook up, yet it's one of those easy soup recipes that tastes like it took hours and hours. It's got to be the combination of ingredients that makes it so full of flavor!
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded Mexican four-cheese blend (optional)
What to Do
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- Reduce heat; add chicken and next 4 ingredients, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and, if desired, cheese.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!