Summer's Best Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you call it chowder or "chowda", you'll love the fresh taste and the creamy texture of this throw-together one pot.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups (1-1/2 quarts) milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen catfish, thawed if frozen, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
What to Do
In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except potato flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in potato flakes then simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
For more great recipes using catfish, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.