We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soup for dinner? You betcha, especially when it's as flavorful and hearty as this south-of-the-border classic. Wanna give it an extra kick? That's up to you, and your gang, of course.
What You'll Need
- 1 can (14-ounces) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 can (14-ounces) ready-to-use beef broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into 1/8
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken and beef broths, the onion, salsa, and cumin; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the tortilla strips for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning to brown both sides; drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with the tortilla strips and cheese. Serve immediately.
Option: For a heartier soup, add some shredded beef or pieces of cooked chicken, and use a corn salsa instead of the traditional kind.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's no shadow of a doubt that this rise 'n' shine recipe for Raspberry Streusel Muffins will be a welcome treat at breakfast. Full of fresh raspberries and topped with an extraordinary streusel topping, these muffins are perfect with your morning coffee, or anytime you get a sweet craving!