Velvety Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of the popular Chinese restaurant favorite: Velvety Corn Soup, is close as can be to the traditional. Serve it with crunchy Chinese noodles just like they do in the restaurants.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14¾ ounces each) creamed corn
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken broth, creamed corn, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to the broth mixture and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Swirl the beaten egg slowly into the soup, forming thin strands.
- Top with the sliced scallions and serve.
- NOTE: Yes, it's okay to make the soup in advance and simply reheat when ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.