White Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A trio of protein-packed canned cannellini, navy and Great Northern beans make this hearty white bean soup one to savor! With good for you ingredients and easy prep, you'll be sitting down to a steaming bowl in a snap!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, not drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans, not drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can Great Northern beans, not drained
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
The sizes of cans of beans vary by manufacturer; as long as you use can sizes that are about the same as those listed, your soup should be just fine.