Wildest Rice Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soup's on with this Wildest Rice Soup and when you taste this yummy, cheesy soup, you'll wanna eat up!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 3/4 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
What to Do
- Cook wild rice mix according to package directions, omitting seasoning packet; set rice aside.
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in drippings until tender; stir in rice, bacon, half-and-half, and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat until soup is thoroughly heated and cheese melts, stirring constantly.
Canned soup gives this creamy, sophisticated soup a convenient boost. To add to an already easy and relaxing supper, prepare the soup ahead, and freeze until ready to reheat and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!