Zesty Tomato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A hot bowl of homemade Zesty Tomato Soup is always welcome - on its own or with a melty grilled cheese sandwich. Any way at all, our rich-tasting tomato soup will satisfy'em fast when they're hungry.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (14- ounce)can stewed tomatoes, pureed
What to Do
- In a soup pot, melt the butter; sauteed onion and green pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, bouillon, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Stir in pureed tomatoes and heat to serving temperature.
Serve with your favorite sandwich. To make the soup homier, you can add cooked rice and get Tomato Rice Soup. You can also add cooked broccoli or green beans and call it Garden Tomato Soup.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
- Sodium 1,129mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.