Zucchini Cream Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This one uses the "cream of the crop", 'cause garden-fresh zucchini and heavy cream turn out to be one "souper" combo!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium-sized zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the zucchini and onion; cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broth, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth and thoroughly combined. Increase the heat to medium-high and slowly stir into the soup, continuing to stir until the soup thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream. Simmer for 5 minutes; do not allow to boil. Serve immediately.
If you want a totally smooth zucchini soup, before adding the cornstarch and water mixture, process the soup in a food processor or blender, then continue as above.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.