Zucchini Cream Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This one uses the "cream of the crop", 'cause garden-fresh zucchini and heavy cream turn out to be one "souper" combo!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium-sized zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the zucchini and onion; cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broth, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth and thoroughly combined. Increase the heat to medium-high and slowly stir into the soup, continuing to stir until the soup thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream. Simmer for 5 minutes; do not allow to boil. Serve immediately.
If you want a totally smooth zucchini soup, before adding the cornstarch and water mixture, process the soup in a food processor or blender, then continue as above.