Copycat Autumn Squash Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Love Panera Bread® soup recipes? Now you can make them at home! Try our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup when the chilly weather sets in. This simple butternut squash soup recipe is a warm and wonderful way to get your favorite bistro-style soup in the comfort of your own home. The copycat flavors of this steamy soup are sure to be your favorite this fall season!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; toss until evenly coated. Place squash mixture on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Place squash mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine squash puree, pumpkin, broth, apple cider, half and half, cinnamon, curry, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Heat 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through (Do not boil.).
Check This Out!
- For more fun with squash, try our Butternut Squash Fritters, our Butternut Squash Mash, or one of Our Best Butternut Squash Recipes!
- Autumn means it's time for warm soups; try our Good Ol' Chicken Noodle Soup, or our Creamy Pumpkin Soup to get warmed up.
- We've got more Sensational Soup Recipes where these came from!
- For more delicious copycat recipes, check out this collection Favorite Restaurant Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.