The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Copycat Autumn Squash Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Love Panera Bread® soup recipes? Now you can make them at home! Try our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup when the chilly weather sets in. This simple butternut squash soup recipe is a warm and wonderful way to get your favorite bistro-style soup in the comfort of your own home. The copycat flavors of this steamy soup are sure to be your favorite this fall season!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; toss until evenly coated. Place squash mixture on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Place squash mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine squash puree, pumpkin, broth, apple cider, half and half, cinnamon, curry, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Heat 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through (Do not boil.).
Check This Out!
- For more fun with squash, try our Butternut Squash Fritters, our Butternut Squash Mash, or one of Our Best Butternut Squash Recipes!
- Autumn means it's time for warm soups; try our Good Ol' Chicken Noodle Soup, or our Creamy Pumpkin Soup to get warmed up.
- We've got more Sensational Soup Recipes where these came from!
- For more delicious copycat recipes, check out this collection Favorite Restaurant Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Oct 04, 2020
Great recipe and very easy to make. I made this as written except I used Splenda brown sugar substitute, fat - free half half and 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder. I also added a pinch of nutmeg for additional depth of flavor. Roasting the butternut squash and onions really makes this recipe delicious. I did put foil in the baking sheet for easy cleanup. and used packaged fresh butternut squash from Costco since I hate peeling whole butternut squash.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!