Creamy Potato & Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the reasons we love this creamy potato soup recipe, well, besides the fact that it's fill-you-up good, is that we can change up the variety of cheese every time we make it. That way, this ooey gooey Creamy Potato & Cheese Soup ends up with a new personality that you're going to love every time! Try a bunch of your favorite cheeses and let us know which one you like the best.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Smoked Gouda with Bacon
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add celery and onion; sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth, potatoes, and vinegar; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and milk, whisking until smooth. Stir flour mixture into soup and cook until soup is heated through and thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir until melted. Now it’s time to ladle this up.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip
- We tested this recipe with a selection of cheeses that our friends at Yancey's Fancy™ Cheese sent to us. We thought it was fun since they make the most outrageous flavored cheeses ever! So pick up a few varieties and see which one gives your soup the best personality to fit your mood.
- We know you'll love pairing our Cheddar Drop Biscuits or Better Buttermilk Biscuits with this cream of potato soup!
- For more delicious and creamy recipes, check out our Creamy Potato Soup Recipes! They all have something unique that will have you saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
- Ready for dessert? Try our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Calories 458
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 76 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 23g 46 %
- Cholesterol 91mg 30 %
- Sodium 900mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 7.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!