We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are lots of stories about where Brunswick stew originated. Many folks say its roots are Virginian, while others swear it's from Georgia. I'll tell ya, what I care about most is that it comes bubbling out of the pot, tasty as can be!
What You'll Need
- 5 cups water
- 2 (10-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 pounds pork stew meat, trimmed
- 1 pound beef stew meat, trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium-sized baking potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the water, broth, pork, beef, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, onion, and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the meat and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the stew so that it breaks up, but does not puree. Return the processed stew to the pot and add the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until well combined and heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 435
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 43g 86 %
- Cholesterol 98mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,493mg 62 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!