Burgundy Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One-pot meals offer much more than just easy cleanup. This easy, hearty beef stew recipe is fancied up with a splash of Burgundy wine. If it's stick-to-your-ribs satisfaction you want along with company-special taste, you've found it!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onions
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
What to Do
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown beef in batches. Pour off drippings, then return cooked beef to pot and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
Stir in beef broth, wine, and garlic, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
Stir in carrots and onions; cover and cook an additional 30 to 45 minutes, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Add cornstarch mixture to beef mixture and stir 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Stir in sugar snap peas and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.