We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Country-style recipes really get back down to basics, and our easy stew recipe we just like to call "Country Stew" really hammers that message home. Using a combination of fresh veggies and meat and simmering in chicken broth, we've got a down-home stew recipe you're going to be taking out often, especially when the weather gets chilly.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound lean turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 (19-ounce) cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sausage and continue sauteing 5 to 6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 487
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 29g 59 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 2,878mg 120 %
- Total Carbohydrates 76g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 17g 66 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %