Creole Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty down-in-the-Bayou style flavorful Creole Fish Chowder has just the right combo of spice to make it robust, without going overboard. Enjoy it anytime you crave a taste of "nawlins."
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound frozen fish fillets, thawed slightly and chunked
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the onion, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce, garlic powder, bay leaves, and whole tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Add fish; cover and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaves before serving.
If you want, you can use fresh fish instead of frozen. Or for a change, you can use canned stewed tomatoes and add your favorite seasonings to spice it up.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.