Hoppin' John Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Hoppin' John Stew is our take on a traditional Southern dish made from black-eyed peas. It's loaded with hearty ingredients like smoked sausage, black-eyed peas, and rice for a down-South flavor combination you'll want to eat all the time!
What You'll Need
- 4 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with celery, onion, and green bell pepper, undrained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!