Hoppin' John Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Hoppin' John Stew is our take on a traditional Southern dish made from black-eyed peas. It's loaded with hearty ingredients like smoked sausage, black-eyed peas, and rice for a down-South flavor combination you'll want to eat all the time!
What You'll Need
- 4 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with celery, onion, and green bell pepper, undrained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.