Meatball and Shells Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember when Italian tomato sauce used to slow-cook on Mom's stove for hours and hours? Well, here's a way to get that same satisfying, good taste - but in a jiffy!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, rice, egg and pepper. Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on a baking sheet or a piece of wax paper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, onion soup mix, thyme, tomatoes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; bring mixture to a boil.
Carefully drop meatballs and shells into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
I sometimes like to use ground turkey or chicken for a lighter change. You can even add cut-up fresh or frozen veggies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!