We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A little of this and a little of that make this Mexicana Stew a zesty dinner choice!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds beef flank steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Chianti or other dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine steak and flour; toss to evenly coat the steak.
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until all sides are browned, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Served over hot cooked rice, this makes a satisfying one-bowl meal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.