Olympic Slow Cooker Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
To celebrate the 2016 Summer Olympic games, we came up with this recipe for Olympic Slow Cooker Stew. It's based off of Brazil's national dish (feijoada), which is basically a stew made with beef, pork, and beans that's typically served over rice. Our slow cooker version is super simple, hearty, and delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds bottom round beef, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds pork butt, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, with 1 can of beans mashed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch diagonal chunks
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 cups hot cooked white rice
What to Do
- In a slow cooker, place beef and pork, then sprinkle with salt and pepper; mix well. Add onion, garlic, and broth, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours. Add beans and smoked sausage and continue cooking 2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Stir in vinegar, then serve over rice.
- You can serve this stew with a few fresh orange wedges, just like they do in Brazil!
- The great thing about Brazilian feijoada is that it never has to be made the same twice, since it's often made with a variety of meats!
- To cut down on the cooking time, cook on high heat 4 hours.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 672
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 27g 41 %
- Saturated Fat 9.0g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 55g 111 %
- Cholesterol 151mg 50 %
- Sodium 1,184mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.