Sausage and Bean One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty one-pot meal is part soup, part stew, and adds up to a comforting main-dish meal. You'll love Sausage & Bean One Pot for how easy it is to make, how good it tastes and how little there is to clean up!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 pound fresh Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound regular or reduced-fat fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
What to Do
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, just until the onion is softened.
- Remove Italian sausage from casing and add to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until Italian sausage is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Pour off drippings then stir in remaining ingredients. Mix gently, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Get out the rice or noodles to serve with this, 'cause they’ll soak up the sauce, and that’s the best part!
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 375
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 23g 45 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 1,264mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.6g 35 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %