Savory Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A couple secret ingredients set this stew apart from other traditional beef stews. The honey adds a touch of sweetness and the beer not only tenderizes the meat but it adds a perfect richness to the sauce.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon honey
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour and beef chunks; toss until beef is completely coated.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown beef 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots, onions, and garlic, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in beer, beef broth, steak sauce, and steak seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour, or until beef is tender. Remove from heat, stir in honey until well combined, and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".