We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a way to get those Southwestern flavors you love into your diet, then we suggest taking a peek at this homemade stew recipe that has the perfect blend of spices and ingredients. Our Southwest Stew heats up over the stove for a few hours to really get those spices blending just how you like 'em.
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the steak and flour; toss to evenly coat the steak.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned on all sides; stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 307
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 1.6g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 52g 104 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 1,523mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.4g 26 %
- Sugars 9.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.