Stuffed Cabbage Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, not drained
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- In another medium bowl, combine tomatoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and remaining water; mix well.
- In a soup pot, place half the shredded cabbage. Add meatballs and half the tomato mixture. Top with remaining cabbage and remaining tomato mixture. Do not stir!
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Stir gently, being careful not to break up meatballs. Simmer an additional 40 minutes, or until cabbage is soft, stirring halfway through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 290
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 18g 37 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 668mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.2g 21 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!