Winter Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Winter Beef Stew tastes best on a cold night. It's flavors remind us of warming up after a morning of snowballs fights in the front yard. If the weather isn't cold where you live, don't worry! The flavors in this soup are so good, you'll want it all year.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 envelopes (one 2-ounce box) onion soup mix
- 3 large onions, quartered
- 8 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
What to Do
Place the flour in a shallow dish and coat the beef completely.
In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the beef on all sides.
Add the salt, pepper, water, and soup mix; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat the low, cover, and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is almost tender.
- Add the onions, carrots, and potatoes and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sparks will surely fly at your table when you serve up our zesty-tasting Firecracker Barbecued Pork! We made this with a special-tasting glaze that combines the sweetness of barbecue sauce and marmalade, along with a kick of hot pepper sauce and horseradish, for an explosion of flavor in your mouth! This is one recipe we guarantee will have you saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"