Cranberry Cornbread Stuffed Cornish Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Theses Cranberry Cornbread Stuffed Cornish Hens are a feast all in one! Aren't you salivating at the thought? We are!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (8-ounce) container soft cream cheese with chives and onions, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 (1- to 1-1/2-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine seasoning packet from stuffing mix, water, and celery in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup cream cheese, stirring until blended. Stir in stuffing mix, cranberries, and pecans. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- If desired, place remaining cream cheese under skin of Cornish hens by loosening skin from hens without totally detaching skin. Lightly spoon stuffing mixture into cavities of hens; close opening with skewers. Place hens, breast side up, in a roasting pan; brush hens with oil.
- Bake 1 hour or until hens are done and a meat thermometer inserted in stuffing registers 165 degrees. Remove skewers; serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.