French Cornish Hens with Wild Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy recipe for Cornish hens is a perfect way to mix up your dinner routine. Don't be fooled by the name "French" -- it's just a reference to the yummy Dijon mustard and wine that make these hens so tasty!
What You'll Need
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package wild rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 cup dry white wine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rub Cornish hens evenly with salt, pepper, and mustard; place in prepared baking dish. Fill each cavity equally with cooked rice. Pour wine into baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 to 20 more minutes, or until golden.
- Serve whole or cut each hen in half. Spoon pan drippings over hens and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.