Holiday Stuffed Capon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving or Christmas to have this fancy-looking stuffed favorite on your table. In fact, this one is so easy, we wouldn't be surprised if your family sees that holiday look more often.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cornbread stuffing cubes
- 3 ounces pitted dates, chopped (about 12 dates)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7- to 8-pound) capon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place water and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add cornbread stuffing cubes and remove from heat. Toss lightly until thoroughly moistened. Let sit 5 minutes, then add chopped dates and pecans. Toss lightly and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except the capon; set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture. Loosen the skin from breast and thighs of the capon and rub mayonnaise mixture under the skin, inside the cavity, and on the exterior, coating well. Stuff capon with stuffing and place on rack in prepared pan.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved mayonnaise mixture and pan drippings.
If you prefer, you can use your own favorite flavor stuffing cubes in place of the cornbread cubes. There are no rules!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 1,539
- Calories from Fat 938
- Total Fat 104g 160 %
- Saturated Fat 32g 160 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 104g 208 %
- Cholesterol 421mg 140 %
- Sodium 1,038mg 43 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.7g 27 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!