We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something about a roasted duck that makes us feel absolutely indulgent! Our Orange Duck is juicy and so easy to make that you'll want to indulge a little more often. The sweet orange marmalade glaze gives it a delightful citrus taste we can't get enough. We know that after just one bite of this easy dinner recipe, your "goose" will be cooked.
What You'll Need
- 1 5- to 6-pound duck, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ORANGE GLAZE
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 (8.25-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle duck evenly with 1 tablespoon salt and black pepper. Place on rack in roasting pan and prick skin all over with a fork. Roast 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the Orange Glaze, in a medium bowl, combine marmalade, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, the mandarin oranges, and ground red pepper; mix well, breaking down the mandarins slightly. Reserve 1/4 cup of orange glaze and set aside. Remove duck from oven and spread remaining glaze over it.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and roast duck 40 to 45 minutes or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degrees F. Cut each half in half. Serve duck with reserved orange glaze.
Check This Out!
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can make at home? Don't miss our collection of Easy Chinese Recipes!
- Put that roasting pan to work with our Cornish Hens with Apricot Stuffing, our Drumstick Crown Roast, and our Garlic Lover's Chicken.
- If you can't get enough citrus, try our Orange Cream Bars or our Orange Blossom Surprises!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!