Tempting Turkey Tetrazzini
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's the day after Thanksgiving and your fridge is bursting with turkey leftovers. That's perfect, because our recipe for Tempting Turkey Tetrazzini calls for just that: leftover turkey! This easy casserole recipe is a simple way to use up leftovers and surprise people around the dinner table with something delicious. Just like Thanksgiving dinner, everyone will want "just one more bite" after their plates are clean.
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey breast (about 1 pound) (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot over medium-high heat, bring broth to a boil. Stir in mushrooms and cook 3 minutes. Stir in milk.
- In a small cup, combine cornstarch and wine, and stir until smooth; slowly pour into mushroom mixture and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and turkey. Add spaghetti and toss until well coated. Spoon spaghetti mixture into baking dish and sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Don't think that you have to roast a whole turkey to get the cooked turkey to make this. Simply buy a 1-pound chunk in the deli and cut it up yourself.
- Looking for more ways to use up your leftover turkey? Try our Gobble-It-Up Turkey Pot Pie, our Thanksgiving in a Bun, or our Thanksgiving Time Egg Rolls.
- Want to change up your traditional turkey? Make our Orange-Glazed Roast Turkey!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 394
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 33g 67 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 636mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.