The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Award Winning Veal Oscar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Our easy version of veal Oscar is so tasty and easy, it's worthy of winning an Oscar!
What You'll Need
- 4 to 5 boneless veal cutlets (about 1 pound total)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces crabmeat, flaked
- 1 (10-ounce) box asparagus cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can Cheddar cheese sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Between 2 pieces of wax paper, gently pound cutlets to 1/4-inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt, and pepper. Coat veal with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add veal and saute 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place veal in prepared baking dish; top each piece with flaked crabmeat and asparagus cuts. Pour cheese sauce over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Have boneless chicken breasts instead of veal? Voila! You have Chicken Oscar.
Lynn in MA
Nov 16, 2017
Instead of canned cheese sauce, I would definitely use a dry mix (Bernaise or Hollandaise), as a lemony sauce goes so much better with all the components of this dish (not to mention, more authentic).
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs
The taste bud tingling flavor of horseradish adds a zesty flair to our Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs. This party-pleaser has the added flavor of smoky bacon bits sure to delight your hungry guests.