Fall Off The Bone Osso Buco
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Osso Buco is one of my all-time favorite dishes. Why? Because it's fall-off-the-bone succulent veal shanks in a mouth-wateringly flavorful sauce! Now, tell me, can you resist it?
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 veal shanks (12 to 14 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 (14 ½-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can diced carrots, drained
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the shanks with the flour mixture.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the shanks, about 5 minutes per side. Add the soup, wine, 1/2 cup water, the lemon juice, tomato, parsley, and garlic powder; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 hours, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir into the pot until the liquid thickens.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until heated through.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for family dinner recipes that will shake things up in the kitchen, our Country-Style Fish Grits is the perfect way to add some excitement to the menu! Everyone's mouth will water as they spoon up a hearty bowl of grits, topped with perfectly seasoned, flavor-packed fish!