Harvest Veal Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This stew sure brings back lots of fond memories of cool autumn days in Upstate New York. The only thing missing is the apple-picking and the hot spiced fresh cider.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds veal stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) dried mixed fruit
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (29 ounces) yams, drained
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot that has been coated with cooking spray, brown the veal over high heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients except the yams; mix well . Bring to a boil then cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gently stir in the yams, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the yams are thoroughly heated.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!