We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the eggplant, onion, and garlic, in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely chopped.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; cook eggplant mixture 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add eggplant mixture to meat mixture; mix well. Form into an oval shape and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until juices run clear. Allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing.
Top with warmed spaghetti sauce for that extra Italian pizzazz!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 619
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 45g 69 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 74 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 34g 68 %
- Cholesterol 205mg 68 %
- Sodium 546mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!