We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of the tastiest Osso Buco recipes around! After all, what's better than tender veal teamed with potatoes and veggies in a flavor-packed sauce?
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 veal shanks, cut 2 inches thick (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the veal with the flour mixture.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the shanks, about 5 minutes per side. Add the onion soup, potatoes, carrots, tomato, wine, 1/2 cup water, the lemon juice, parsley, and garlic powder; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 hours or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water and stir into the pot until the sauce has thickened.
- When buying the veal shanks, have the butcher cut them 2 inches thick for you.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.